Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know if I live in Willow Fork Drainage District?

If you live in Cinco Municipal Utility Districts No. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 or Fort Bend MUD No. 124, and pay a water bill to Cinco Municipal Utility Districts Nos. 1 through 14, you are a resident of the District.

How do I notify Willow Fork Drainage District of my change of address?

Please notify the Fort Bend Central Appraisal District or the Harris County Appraisal District. Their respective websites are www.fbcad.org and www.hcad.org.

What is the District tax rate?

The District’s current tax rate is $.0.185 per $100 of assessed value for tax year 2015.

Who do I pay my taxes to?

You will receive a tax bill from the Fort Bend County Tax Assessor/Collector office even if you live in Harris County. You should remit payment as indicated on the bill.

I already pay Fort Bend County or Harris County taxes. Why do I have to pay taxes to two entities?

The Willow Fork Drainage District (the “District”) is a separate political entity that was created to build and maintain the drainage facilities in the Cinco Ranch area. The District tax pays for the construction of drainage infrastructure and ongoing maintenance of district facilities. Harris and Fort Bend Counties collect taxes from all residents in their county for all county services, including roads and some drainage infrastructure.

My taxes are too high and I want to protest my values. What can I do?

The District levies its tax based on values that have been certified by the Fort Bend or Harris County Central Appraisal Districts. If you want to confirm values, protest values, or have a question about certain exemptions, you can contact the applicable appraisal district. The instructions for the process are on your appraisal notice. The web address for Fort Bend Central Appraisal District is www.fbcad.org. The web address for the Harris County appraisal district is www.hcad.org. The web address for multiple county CAD is: http://www.txcountydata.com.

When do the District tax bills go out and when are they delinquent?

The bills are generally mailed out in October for the current tax year or as soon as possible. Taxes are delinquent after January 31 of the following year. For example, 2012 tax bills were mailed in October 2012 and were delinquent after January 31 of 2013.

Is there a homestead exemption from WFDD taxes?

Willow Fork Drainage District offers an exemption from taxation of $50,000 of the appraised value of residence homesteads for taxpayers over the age of 65 or for disabled persons living in the District. No person may claim both exemptions, but a person qualifying for both may choose the exemption he or she wishes to apply to his or her property. You should file for this exemption with the Fort Bend Central Appraisal District.

Who should I call to report problems with the District drainage ditches and channels?

Please contact the District’s maintenance company, Champions Hydro-Lawn, Inc. at (281) 445-2614.

Who do I contact to get the grass mowed or edged along the outside of the fence in my backyard?

The District provides mowing and maintenance services to the land in and adjacent to the District's drainage ditches. The District does not maintain, mow or edge the areas adjacent to fences next to the District's ditches because those fences are not within the District's property. All homeowner fences should be located on the homeowner's property and not within the District's right of way. Any mowing or maintenance adjacent to fences should be performed by the homeowner. If you believe it is District property that needs to be mowed, please contact Champions Hydro-Lawn at (281) 445-2614.

I would like to attend a District meeting, when and where are they held?

The District holds a regular public board meeting on the second Thursday of every month at 11:30 a.m. and a parks-related board meeting on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 12:30 p.m. at Willow Fork Country Club, 21055 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, Texas 77450. Meeting notices are posted monthly at 21055 Westheimer Parkway, Katy, TX 77450, in the Harris County Courthouse and in the Fort Bend County Courthouse.

My house backs up to a drainage ditch and I want to use the District’s drainage ditch as the access for my property to construct a swimming pool or other remodeling project. Who do I contact?

The District’s Rules and Regulations strictly forbid access by any property owners on the District’s drainage ditches for any type of construction activity. The District takes seriously any use of District property for building access. The District may fine the homeowner and will bill the homeowner for any damages to the District’s property. In some circumstances, the District may permit construction activity if the homeowner signs an access agreement with the District and gives the District a required deposit. Please contact the District’s attorney, Allen Boone Humphries Robinson, LLP at (713) 860-6426 for inquiries as to an access agreement. Use of motorized vehicles is also strictly prohibited on all District properties.

What is the status of the District’s park project?

The District has completed phase I and part of phase II of the parks master plan, which includes: 10 school-based parks completed in August 2012; Central Green community park completed in June 2013; and Exploration Park competed in June 2015. Please refer to the parks tab of the website for the most current park information.

Who will maintain the park facilities built by the Willow Fork Drainage District?

The District maintains Central Green and Exploration Park and will maintain Willow Fork Park upon its completion in 2016. The District also maintains and will maintain all trails associated with WFDD channels and parks. School-based parks completed in August 2012 are the property of KISD and are maintained by KISD or the individual school's PTA. Freedom Park is owned and operated by Fort Bend County. Currently, the District also maintains approximately 30 miles of drainage channels.

How will the District address security concerns?

The District currently has an arrangement with the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s office where it hires off-duty officers to patrol the drainage ditches.

Who can use the parks and trails?

The parks and trails are open to the public. KISD will have priority of the school-based parks during school hours and for structured after school activities.

How do I report illegal activity/unauthorized vehicles on the District’s ditches/channels?

The District has posted signs along the drainage channels with the number of the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s office. To report illegal activity call (281) 341-4665.

After heavy rains, the street floods in front of my house. Who should I call?

The streets and related drainage system are constructed and maintained by the municipal utility district where the residence is located. If a resident has concerns or questions about levels of water in front of his house, a resident should call the Cinco municipal utility district’s operator, Severn Trent, at (281) 578-4200.

Wild pigs have torn up my yard/the ditch/the esplanades. Who should I call?

Citizens should call the District’s maintenance company, Champions Hydro-Lawn, at (281) 445-2614. Champions will inspect and either bring the matter to the Board’s attention or direct them to the appropriate party.

If I have a question not mentioned above, who should I call?

Call Patti Hopper at Allen Boone Humphries Robinson, LLP, the District’s law firm, at (713) 860-6426, or email her at phopper@abhr.com and she will direct you to the appropriate party.